Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The new Ae86

Name
    Dave
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

so if this car comes out then it would be just a mass produced 22b with a toyota badge?

there are a fair bit of people that wants that revival car with that raspy revvy sound of an inline 4..

Name
    Dan/Rio
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

bat-leb is awesome

i was under the impression that the subaru version is going to be a new sti type r 2 door (22b is a rarer model of these) considering all the talk from subaru that theres going to be a new 2 door wrx coming out.

there are also rumours going around that the higher models with awd will have a switch like in most modern off-road 4wd cars to switch from rwd and awd but this is unconfirmed like most of the bs going around.

Quote Originally Posted by ae86 View Post
    ive come to the conclusion dan has more STi's than a Subaru Dealership, yeah i went there

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I think a 2L boxer motor would probably have the same torque as a 2L strait 4, assuming similar head design. (Similar torque to a 2 litre V8 also, my guess).

Name
    Vener
    State
    NT
    Country
    Australia

Subaru brought out a 2.0L on the MY 06 with 118Kw and 186 NM torque.
    The advantage of having the Subaru engine is reliability and intechangeability of engine parts in the Subaru model range.

I mean a 98 GC8 WRX EJ20T engine can be replaced with an 2007 STi 2.5L short block ($2500.00). The EJ20T cylinder heads are direct bolt on.

by the way I own a Subaru Forester XT with MRT kit and a JDM AE86 Trueno.

Name
    Dave
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

LOL at webmaster.. sir i pity you for endorsing such brand..

so youre telling me that you dont like the sound of the 4age?

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I think a small lightweight rwd car should be powered by a very high revving engine
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Name
    Vlad
    State
    Sacred Valley
    Country
    Peru

Might as well just get an Altezza! 1300kg & 210bhp stock.
    Hundreds in Auckland now and under $10k! Time a better Govt was voted into power in Aussie!

Name
    Andy
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

IS200's are still up around 15-22k here. We only got the homo 1G powered one's too.

If there is a boxer engine in the 086A and it's anything like the current RS Impreza, count me out. It's horribly slow. Even my mum thought it had piss poor acceleration, and she ended up buying a Civic based on sub-VTEC performance. Mind you we did test the automatic one, which could have been nerfed because of gearing. But god damn it was slow.

I've been looking at boxer engines lately, just as a design, and I must admit there's some advantages to them. Other than the pistons being opposite to each other, you could get the majority of weight of the engine lower I think, because you don't have the head sticking up near the bonnet. Don't know how their sumps and crossmembers are designed, but just saying, it can be a flat engine compared to other conventional piston designs.

*start wild speculation and day dreaming*
    Mmmm, wonder if they'd try something new. Maybe a Crower 6-stroke boxer with direct injection? Now that would be interesting! Don't think we'll ever see a Crower 6-stroke though in commercial production, I think companies are trying to find a replacement for the piston engine to increase economy. Too many parts, too much lost energy, too many fluids and processes involved.
    *end wild speculation and day dreaming*
    The Phoenix; In the build since 10/06!
    :: 4A-GTE / GT2560R / W58 / TRD 2-Way / F Series Diff / Microtech LT10S / AJPS Supplied Suspension ::
    Where will it stop? Will it ever be finished? How will it go? Why am I not wearing any pants?

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

The only thing I have ever heard about the "new AE86" that seamed to be from Toyota and believable, was that (if they built it) it would have an unprecedented amount of parts-bin parts.

And Toyota never made a 2ZZ-FE.

But to know what the parts bin holds, you need to know what the 2011 Corolla/Impreza/Yaris/Diahatsu has.

Name
    Jamie
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

3sge beams 3sge beams 3sge beams 3sge beams 3sge beams 3sge beams
    Hachiroku since 1994

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    When i grow up I wanna be just like Uncle Frak Frak.

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast