Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My AE71 daily

Oldschool Member

Hi all, thought I would finally post my car here. I've owned it for about a year now but have been very slack in my efforts to get it track worthy. The specs of the car are as follows:

Metalic Blue AE71 still with stock unstripped interior, chassis has no bracing. Rear guards have had the hammer treatment, fronts have been cut, bent upwards, fiberglassed over and filled. Front and rear guards are still unfinished and looks ugly, but looks don't really phase me.

Front suspension consists of the following... AE86 struts with coil over kit put on, normal length koni yellow adjustables (adjusted to almost full stiffnes), 10kg/mm springs, cusco strut tops, whiteline RCA's (25mm I think), whiteline non adjustable swaybar, rose jointed adjusteble castor rods, lower control arms have been cut and had rose joint taken from camry rear control arm adapted and welded in so as it has adjustable length (thanks Kluiso) these rose joints are sealed. RA40 tierods, steering rack uses home made shims, power steering knuckles, Running -2.5' camber, +6.5' castor, 1mm total toe out. Running 14 by 7's, 0 offset with yokohama AO48's 195/60 R14, 26p.s.i.

Rear suspension has... Kings super low 8kg/mm springs, koni RA28 red adjustable dampers (set almost full stiffness), rose jointed four link, whiteline adjustable panhard rod, RA28 whiteline non adjustable swaybar, 14 by 7's tyres change, madisons on there at the moment, Nankangs going on next week, street tyres on back most of the time running from 32-36p.s.i. T-18 early diff without swaybar mounts and TRD 2-way center (thanks Johnny Rochester) set pretty loose at the moment. Will get it out and shim it up soon.

Brakes are Aus spec AE86 fronts with RB74 pads, rears are T-18 with stock replacement type shoes. Only using dot 3 brake fluid. Drift button on handbrake.

Bigport 4A-GE recently had new rings and sand paper hone. Stock except for Kei-hin quad carbs 38.5mm ($100) on home made manifold ($15 worth of material) equals cheaper than webers but more tuning required. Modified a 4k dizzy to fit, 267' duration cams, adjustable gears, stock exhaust manifold, 2.5 piping without mandrel bends, single rear muffler. T-50 gearbox. Will fit 4A-GTE soon, will run W series gearbox.

Feel free to comment on my car, good or bad. If you see me out on the road, feel free to invite me for a drive down your favorite road, will come for a drive most of the time. Cheers, Ash.

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

love it
    hey i ended buying an ae71. i will be interested in the carbs if u sell.

Name
    Leigh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looks good man got all the goodies in the right spots and plenty of tyres what more could you want lol.
    Grip TE72

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...read.php?t=276

AJPS for all you Toyota goodies

Name
    Justin
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Damn nice setup!

Loving the quad carb setup, can we get some more pics? Did you tune them yourself? Must be pretty handy!

Cheers,

Justin

Name
    Travis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Is there a rear swaybar or not? You say T-18 without swaybar mounts. Did you mean, stock with no swaybar mounts and had them welded on? Just wondering what one would feel like with 2way and no swaybar.

Oh and what brand castor rods are those? Gain much castor or wanted it for the feelng of rose joints and ease of adjustability? My castor is maxxed out on standard rods at about 2.5. Wouldnt mind a bit more.

Name
    Clint
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

got tyres on the pic in the garage??

i wish i had that many......

Name
    Mitch
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

that front on shot looks the goods, the front track appears to be great, makes the whole car look wider than it is!

nice mods all round, bet its a ton of fun! good work fella

Oldschool Member

Thanks to all for the comments. The carbs are off a GSXR 1100 and I made the manifold, was really easy. Have drilled the main jets out as it was running lean past about 5000rpm. Has a swaybar mounted to diff with U-bolts as brackets. The lower control arms are are probably about 40mm longer than stock, and as you can see in the photo the strut tops are set to reduce camber to -2.5.

Oldschool Member

Oh by the way if you are on the Gold coast and want really cheap tyres (fitted if needed) send me your tyre size and I will get back to you. As we change tyres at my work, have lots of 14's.

Oldschool Member

lovin the pin stripe.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast