Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: new licencing laws

just posting up about the new licence laws for QLD and NSW.. not sure about everywhere else in AUS.

but.. here they are

1. can't drive turbo (unless diesel)
    2. can't drive v8 ( unless diesel )
    3. can't drive supercharged
    4. not allowed any engine modifications/ mod plates ( I think you can still change seats and get cages and stuff but nothing to
    do with the engine )
    5. not aloud to drive rotories over the 1.1 ltr
    6. nothing 200kw or over ( e.g the new aurion is rated at 200kw.. so you can't drive it. )

PUNISHMENT IF CAUGHT

I believe so far.. it will be treated as un licenced driving, un insured driving and un registered car, if ure driving something
    under the restrictions.

Also now they have to power to impound ure car

Also again... you will be sent to court.

EXTRA

the rules do NOT affect you if ure over 25 or got ure p's after the 1st of july.... if you had ure learners before
    1st of july and not ure p's... you WILL be under the new laws

Also, if ure under 25, already have ure licence and are not under the new rules, if you go on a licence
    suspension ( the one point for a year thing ) or anything like that from july 1st on, you WILL have to go under
    the new rules.. e.g if you own a turbo you will have to sell it

thought I would give you guys a heads up.. hope you like it???

Bad Email Address

are you sure that if you own a turbo car then loose your licence you then fall under the new laws?
    because I know for a fact that if you owned the vehicle before July 1st 2005 you are allowed to drive it!!!I know this because I'm under the laws and owned a highly modified UC Torana before the laws came in so I could drive it LEGALLY!

Now that I sold the torana and got a hachi, I just have to be careful in the way I modify it <_< hmm...

My 2 Cents worth of sumthing.

thats just what the transport company told me when I rang them, I can't answer ure questions... ring them.

I was just letting everyone know

Bad Email Address

yeah the restriction laws aren't new, however they are apparently getting stricter but it wont affect me!!!
    I've just gota keep my licence for one more year!!gotta be good!

Good idea for the thread but,

they are bringing in portable dyno's to test... ha jks.

yeah aslong as you keep it internal work they wont know...but I don't think you would get away with trumpets and shit if they " poped ure hood at aspley macca's bro"

riojin

these rules don't effect me because I got my full licence but I must say they are stupid. I can't see why they just simply say can't drive eg. V8's. a newish corolla has a better power to weight ratio than an old doggy 351. they should just make it like bikes. have a set power to weight ratio with a few exceptions.

the way I see it, if ure going to speed and be a wanker, ure going to be a wanker no matter what car you are in, wheater it's some 2j monster or ure mothers ford KA

but, to be fair, the fetal road tally shows that the most deaths and crashes are this age group, in performance cars..

making it safer, but gayer

just like in school, the wankers f**k it for the people who can control themselves with the cars they love ( except it wasnt car back then... it was pee'ing on the toilet seat)

Bad Email Address

oh snap hope this aint coming for WA or I will be screwed tough luck though with idiots making us all suffer

Bad Email Address

It's getting ridiculous. I can understand the pressure the RTA and transport authorities are put under to justify the cause of fatalities and general reckless driving by P plate drivers, but they need to understand it is not the car, it is the driver doing the damage. This is what the authorities need to work on, though I'm not sure how they would go about it. I suppose they find limiting the influence of power in the car will lower the want to speed. And this is a reasonable point.

I think the limit of one passenger after 11:00pm is a good rule, as peer-pressure is a big influence in reckless driving, though it sucks for us boys giving lifts out to the fella's in town.

The main point is. It doesn't matter if an idiot is driving a Barina or a 6000 kw commodore, he will still speed and be a dickhead on the road.

tehe you used a commodore as a example

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast