Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: AsleepAtTheWheel's MADHOUSE KE70

mad car man whats the power to the wheels??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCNTLY @ Oct 28 2007, 01:07 PM) </div>Yeah Matt - I've got them. The rears are running 25mm spacers in those photos but they're off the car at the moment waiting for Lawson to send me some high tensile studs. I'll be putting the rose-jointed or XT 130 RCA's in the front to pump out the front track but might add some slip-ons just to get them right. Maybe I need more than 25 mm in the back?! :lol:

I'm still on the look out for massive dish... unfortunately I'm not the only one

CA Infested - not sure at the current power at the wheels. The guy I bought it off reckons somewhere around the 160-170kw at the fly' mark. Feels about right but haven't had it dyno'd yet 'cause I've been too busy driving it.
    APEX ENGINEERING AND DESIGN
    Velocity and Directional Optimisation
    Check it HERE!

The Mad Scientist

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

this thing is so niceeee... i love the guards

Small downer - today was the day when I finally cracked it with the noise coming from the rear. I think my wheel bearings have had it so I'll be pulling out the axles this arvo and dropping them to my diff and gearbox dude for replacement. At least I HOPE it's the bearings and not CW & P or something more expensive :blink:

In other more positive news, I grabbed some Omori boost, oil pressure and oil temp gauges (MADHOUSE hookup of course ) for the interior for a bit extra JDM period-correct look to replace the Speco gauges that were the stop-gap measure.

More pics on the weekend including my ugly underbonnet and interior!
    Check it HERE!

The Mad Scientist

Veteran
    Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i too hope its not a CW&P as i set that up many moons ago

mind you it could be pinion bearing

its a good excuse to buy better diff gears if it is :lol:

still makes me look silly

actually fuck that its behind a ZE, i'm safe :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gilly @ Nov 2 2007, 10:18 AM) </div>If only I wasn't busted-ass poor right now...

Once I've checked out the wheel bearings and they look sweet, I'll have to assume that it is pinion bearing. Damn - that's a bit bigger job :blink:
    Check it HERE!

The Mad Scientist

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Sweet mother of god! One of the best ke's ive seen.... Those honda lights came up a treat... Really tidy...

Those flares are huge... You def need some spacers to make use of them properly... Fark man, Looking at this makes me wonder why i sold my ke....

Bigups for yourself mate... Keep up the good work...

I demand more pics god damn it.. :2thumbs:

Pulled the axles out and got the rear wheel bearings/seals replaced. Rep for Steve at Diff and Gearbox Industries at Windsor - he's a top guy who does a great job fast, 24hr access and for a good price which is a hard combination to find these days. :2thumbs:

Whilst they were out, gave the hubs a quick touch-up with some pressure-pack black just to tidy them up a bit. I figure if I do this for every part that needs fixing/replacing, soon enough it might be all nicely detailed :lol: .

I've been having some issues with the top silicone bend that runs from the intercooler into the plenum collapsing under vacuum - didn't seem to be having a major effect on the way it ran or anything, but it was irritating me everytime I looked under the bonnet when the car was running. After the old man and I thought about it for a while, we decided to make up a two-piece insert that was the same diameter as the 'cooler piping cut to make a 45 degree angle (same as the silicone bend) to give it some internal reinforcement. Found some aluminium piping kicking around in the shed to complete the job and cut it to length. Put it in and after driving it, it feels alot more responsive on the throttle now (especially in the mid-range). B)

Stuck the spacers back on the rear wheels to fill out the guards some more - much better looking now. Next up - the suspension...
    Check it HERE!

The Mad Scientist

Some more pics as promised...car's pretty filthy - doin' my bit for the drought...

Exterior:

Interior:

Engine Bay (yuck ) :

Boot Install:

Check it HERE!

The Mad Scientist

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

right click save image..

very clean inside and out. (y)

do u get alot of attention from the po po?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast