Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Japan

Name
    Louis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Seriously thinking of going over to japan for a week bout this time next year for some fun....starting to save now....

Just got a few questions.....

Whats the deal with lisences over there and where do i go to get an internationally recognised one because wanna get a hire car to strap round......

What cities and suburbs would be the best to visit?? any tuning houses?? Race tracks to take the hire car on?????haha

and any tips or advice for travelling there would be sweet as.....

Cheers

Veteran
    Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

buy a cheap silvia for 4k with minor mods and slid it ur gonna need a fair bit of cash but if its just for 1 week i have no clue

Name
    Grant
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Ive learnt some stuff here and there, to drive a car you will need an international licence.
    And to purchase a car (road registered only i think) you need to be a resident for mroe than 6 months
    http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/731/43367425735d6c87ce7bo.jpg

Name
    Louis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Sweet as....so can you get them from the RTA???

Name
    Andrew
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I believe you need a parking spot (hire or own one) to buy a car and it must be registered. Need to check.

Name
    Simon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I've been to a fair few cities around Japan and I suggest you go to Harajuku, not for cars, but for the insanely strage people haha, its worth a look, I'm sure anyone who's been there would agree with me.

also when you are eating chicken make sure its cooked, I've got food poisioning 2 out of 3 times i've been to Japan all from chicken!!!

In saying that, make sure you try all sorts of different foods and expirence things the Japanese way other wise you will end up eating macca's and having a very western time.

As for licences, I was under the impression you need a International Drivers licence to be able to drive in Japan, I'd get in contact with your local transport services to double check.

Name
    Louis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Thanks muncher.....haha yeah i hope they are all like the japs on that mad funny MXC game show!

Name
    Simon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Yoshio Kojima, he is a funny guy, he was very popular on Jap TV last time I was there.

Harajuku is full of alsorts of different people some cool, some plain scary.

My fav. city was Osaka, still very populated but more laid back, + I did exchange to a school in Ikeda, A city of Osaka so I'm bias haha, hope you enjoy your trip!

Oldschool Member

dude.
    you can get some international drivers permit from nrma, valid for one year.

i actually found a better page for you

Name
    Andrew
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

as said, just get an international drivers licence if you want to drive in japan. You must also be carrying your Australian drivers licence with it! You must also have your passport with you 24x7! (Although the police cannot legally ask to see your passport unless you are suspected of criminal behavior)

I've driven around Osaka many times. It's very hard to naviagate around unless you know exactly where you are going, or have someone with you that does. The biggest problem is only the highways/major roads have street signs in English.

It was also said above that you cannot buy a car unless you can prove that you have somewhere to park it...

As for places to go... what do you want to see? If you want to see traditional Japan, go checkout some temples around Kyoto, or go to the Daibutsu in Nara.

If you want to go watch some drifting, the easiest way to do it would be go to a circurt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast