just had an idea need one of these

Then design a circuit with the IC linked up to the ECU, so the unit will basically have all male ports for ecu and all female ports, so basically all signals will pass through it to the ECU. (plus a few other wires to other places) The unit will also have a USB port which will provide IO to a laptop running this app:

That's just a starting point but there could be many more adjustable items.

The unit will have to consist of a custom designed PCB by me, the IC in the first link, a few relays, digital potentiometers and digital rheostats to modify sensor outputs, triggers etc at any linear/non-linear fashion according the the tuning in the custom program, in turn tuning the Engine/ECU. This will hopefully eliminate any need to reflash ecu at expensive prices or even getting an aftermarket one. Total cost to estimate should be around $200 per unit. The app will be free, so you should be able to retune yourself at any time you want.

From this stage with a little more work it can well lead to eliminating the stock ECU all together.

Just a thought, what do you think? I also have ideas of creating an iPad/iPhone app to do the same thing instead of using a windows laptop. iPhone will need some different sort of connectivity to the unit, thinking web or iOS app that connects via Bluetooth or WiFi to the device instead of USB.

I need a sponsor because I'm broke as shit and need to get my car running first, but again as the title states, this is only a concept and IMO I think it is feasible. What do you guys think?