Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Social and shii--

Name
    Phuoc
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Xtc . there's a few of us un livo.im waiting to get my car tuned and rego and ill be our there more
    Pick up Sydney
    Pics can be sent by phone
    Emails ignored
    Texts ignored
    Private numbers ignored
    Wankers abused

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah theres a few in livo, Im out west now too though.

Once my car is going again Ill be up for something.

I think any maccas near the city is a bad idea. Week night meets in quiet areas are better, you dont attract any attention if you do nothing wrong. Plus you get to hang out without all the losers around.
    Or start meets small at a servo or shops or pizza place or something. Problem with maccas is that there is always police there, and there are always "hoons" hanging around. So if you go youll be asking for trouble.

I know most people love the attention and like showing off and taking cool photos etc, but I wont be attending any maccas meets or cruises through the city.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

+1 on avoiding maccas.

For these to not draw attention to ourself we need to limit the amount of time spent in one place too. Maybe meeting at football ovals and shit like that might be safer? Early morning cruise is also my preference rather than a night one.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yes meet point and destination is best
    Keep moving about, don't hang around and get caught for nothing!
    We all know cops can get you for Anything so best to just meet and drive to a place.

Weekends should be day things as there is less attention
    Weekday nights should be a nice place where we can park and eat? Like a restaurant, not fast food place..

Just throwing ideas,
    dose

Name
    Jacob
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I think ostracism is expected if you're an idiot.

Sounds good mate.

You guys are being all sneaky for no reason
    I've been to heaps of meets starting or ending up at maccas, and usually we just chill in the one spot for however long we bother. The police are usually really good... I've been to meets where the organizer was just a modder who invited a large number of randoms along for a drive, and said very sternly at the start that there was to be no burnouts/disturbing the people of springwood.

Next thing you know it's a fusion show&shine in the carpark and a powercruise down the narrow, dark roads.

Cops came, didn't care, just checked we weren't drinking and moved on. No defects or anything like that. I think the organizer had a quick chat to the police, explained we were all ust

I think if someones hungry, we can do meet-ups at places like maccas and HJ's without a problem. We can move from there onto a quiet carpark up in the mountains or drive out to a beach somewhere.

Early morning cruises sound good... how early are you thinking? Because if we're going to the beach, that would be sick. Get there way before anyone else and get a carspot right near the water haha

I'd also like to point out.. if we don't stir any trouble, police won't get antsy with us.

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Im Only suggesting it because I live near there....but something like west sydney pizza in minchinbury would be ideal.
    Organise with them to have some outdoor tables booked for an evening, have access to the reasonable carpark, or even use the small one over the road near the football fields.
    Its not on a main road, so if you do nothing wrong I doubt anyone would complain or call the police.
    Then a quick drive up the mountain or something and home before bedtime.

Just throwing ideas around...

Im sure theres heaps of spots like that around sydney though, just need the locals to find them seeing theyre not on main roads. Although it is harder to find any quiet spots near the city these days..

Name
    Phuoc
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

XTC : i wouldnt say we are sus, but we like to drive our cars and not get defect which leaves it offroad for who knows how long. after watching operation killer watt no ones safe. not even that "blue subaru" poor evo. he probably killed after hearing that
    Pick up Sydney
    Pics can be sent by phone
    Emails ignored
    Texts ignored
    Private numbers ignored
    Wankers abused

Name
    Jacob
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

That pizza place sounds alright. I like places where you can sit in the carpark... it has a nice feel to it imo.
    There's a top place in nth QLD that do an awesome four or five course dinner, and they just throw cheap tables/chairs out in the car park. GL getting a reservation with them most nights, but when you do, the atmosphere is awesome.

Yeah I know why you're worried, I'm in the same boat. Everytime a cop see's my car they slow down and it's been like that for a year now. Most of the guys who pull me over have breathalysed me and continued on, though. As long as everyones nice to them, you're sweet... even if you have a record.

Operation killer watt... biggest load of shit. The whole operation pisses me off... I have mates who are cops and to think that they're going to cop shit for a fuck up like that makes me angry even now. I could rant about how it's just cops flexing their muscles, about the racism of channel 9 and their disregard for reporting real news stories instead of biased opinions and shit like that, but I think I've said enough on fb.

But I really doubt they're going to send a bunch of rolla's to a defect station for going and grabbing pizza on a Wednesday night, and then driving around like a bunch of saints to a quiet place to catch up... That's just my opinion though...
    Also, that's implying that police are even called. Most people will ignore the fact that a bunch of corollas are parked in a carpark haha

Edit; I dont mean to be argumentative.
    I do understand that people are worried about police attention, but as long as noones being fully sick, I can't actually see anyone even noticing us..

Edit2; LMAO "blue subaru"
    That say's enough about that news report and Channel 9 News as a whole, doesn't it?

Bit off topic here, but did you see the Channel 10 report into a law forcing car modifications to be fully engineered?
    Like, you modify something with the door and you have to crash-test it, meaning you need to do it twice to two different cars. And a bunch of guys are loosing their rights to engineer cars, and loosing jobs and shit like that.
    Looky here! We have a news channel that seemingly cares...
    Last edited by EpicXTC; 31st January 2012 at 12:28 PM.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

^^^^ wut??!

anyways i think a meetup would be good thing mixed with an up coming track day event

Like a lunch or dinner a week before a Wakefield track day? that way we have something to look forward to as a social group.
    Last edited by Rice86; 31st January 2012 at 01:11 PM.
    dose

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

All engineers were removed from the RTA list last year.
    Theyve had to reapply to the new scheme which basically says they will need to show test reports and have proper proof that cars adhere to the ADR's.

Richard; the only problem is that noone really attends any track days so it would never really happen. Maybe when a driving sports or driftmob or whatever event is on we can ask if we can make an official meet and use their carpark for it. Or just everyone go to spectate one time and park next to each other?

Also I dont think were so much afraid of the police attention. Weve just been around long enough to know which situations to avoid to stay out of trouble.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast