Australia

Why did they limit at 8700?

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

That's good shit Dan! I can't wait to see it. OK, pick a night and we'll catch up. Fuck it, pick two! But I'm never gonna keep up with your beast. hahaha.

I've been having a play with my car. I fitted another throttle body last night and that fixed the idle and seems to have fixed the flat spot, too. I took it for a drive and the bolts fell out of my exhaust flange! Fucker went like shit and sounded like an Ipswich Commodore. Fixed that this afternoon but we had better go for a drive before more shit goes wrong my car.

How much has the engine cost you all up?

Name
    Daniel
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Peak power is made at 8500, anything after that is pointless, only negative being that being so close you may accidentally hit limiter when in the power band. May lift later if it causes an issue.

Hahaha well I was out tonight and my head light issue showed it's face again, my switch it dodgy, has been for ages. Drove all the way home in the dark, hahaha. Will pull it out tomorrow to clean the contacts, hopefully sorts it shit out.

I guess it's the pleasure of owning a nearly thirty year old car for both of us.

Engine costs? What engine costs, haha..

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Go enjoy it now, all that hard work has paid off.

i have the same issue with my sprinter with no power to the internal fuse box. Shouldn't be too hard to sort I hope
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Daniel
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Happy snap of it's first wash in nearly a year.

Got my lights sorted, went to use wipers, no deal, quick look under bonnet, oh I forgot to put that part of the loom back in.. :|

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Change limit to 9500

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Looks really good Dan. Glad you solved the electrical problem. Where's that car wash?

Name
    Daniel
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Maybe, will see in the future.

Thanks, um Stafford I think.

Name
    Matt
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

I can't wait to see it! I really can't wait to hear it!

Name
    Daniel
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

So I really haven't done much lately, between a change of jobs and organising a looming move to Sydney I haven't had much time to work on it. I've been out and about a few times just enjoying it also.

I pulled my finger out this week and did a few things.

Wacked in an AJPS hand brake button, not that my hand brake works at all haha.

I installed the cage, mainly because the removal company said they won't move it, I argued with them on 2 occasions. I lost, so in the car it went.

Continued the painfull process of removing the Dynamat and a lot of the paint with it, not at all bothered will repaint later on.

Finally picked up a new cooler core to replace the one with stupid fittings, fitted it up, couldn't find any metal to make some brackets so I removed the brackets off the water piping in the underground car park where I live. I installed it nice and close to the radiator so the thermo's have some affect on it sitting stationary.

Got my seat in, just had to slightly modify the Bride rail to suit the Velo. Thing is so much more supportive and even surprisingly comfy to commute in.

Lately I've been thinking of giving the skids more of a go, I've done plenty of circuit driving but never really any serious drifting but I'm thinking of giving it a crack. I am probably going to come out to short track this Friday night, we'll see if my liquorice all sorts diff plays the game. But more than likely I'm going flip my car over the barrier.

I have developed a bit of play in my steering, I know what it is and it's no big issue but it annoys the hell out of me. The play is coming from the intermediate shaft in the steering column. When I went from power to manual rack I used a Supra intermediate shaft. The top shaft it slides into is filled with some form of hard glue that I had to burn out to get the shaft out. I didn't use anything in there when I put it back together and now it's got play in it. now I'm wondering should I just jam something in there or take it apart and fill it, but what should I use to replicate the glue stuff?

Also am stuck trying to work out how I'm going to make the car higher than 150mm by January 7 when it goes on the truck to Sydney, I completely lied to their face saying the car was high enough to meet their requirements, currently 80mm at the lowest point, hoping the coilovers will go high enough.
    Last edited by dansomerville; 12th December 2012 at 11:27 PM.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast