Page 49 of 121 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Drift Fest 01, Raleigh int Raceway

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

that's like saying, i dont need to be healthy because im not an athlete or sports person.

You should be getting your car sorted regardless for an event or not lol.

im trying to bait 1 friend which should be able to drag one more person...but he wont have a drift car until 3 weeks time so he wont confirm until he gets a drift car..bloody honda boys
    dose

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Well time and work makes it hard to work on the car at all, and then need to find the motivation.
    "Not all commodore drivers are wankers, but all wankers drive commodores"

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Good to hear bro, make this event your motivation .
    I've still gotta rebuild an engine, and other crust.

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Doesn't anyone own any working fucking 86's?

Seriously, AE86 owners in Australia are truly hopeless kents..... Seems to be more of an ghey "image/fashion" thing for BOYS these days, rather than MEN building these classic performing cars and driving them.
    I would hate to think of how many AE86's have been ruined here in OZ, by boys slapping together 86's in a rough fashion, with little mechanical knowledge, using shit used old parts, mis-matched parts that have negitive effects, but "look cool" cause it's "JDM", all to have a "JDM AE86" status....... Posers, wannabe, dreamers, are all words that come to mind.

When you see the pics of AE86 meets in Japan, Sure some might look like beaters, but I assure you they are very well built cars.... You get hundreds of high quality AE86's turn up. So if that is JDM (in Japan fucking!), then the AE86 scene in Australia, is way off the mark........

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

^^ I am not trying to dis-courage anyone by the way, just thinking out loud.......
    But if this event isn't enough motivation, I have no answer to that....

Gone
    Name
    Joel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So we can see... Nice rant BTW
    You are right , more 86's in Australia are sitting in garages then being driven.

Anyone who needs a hand getting there rig finished... Bring it Friday and we can all help sort it..
    And don't bring your fuking engine In a box!

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Haha, yeah. Mine might look rough but everything is done properly. It hasn't even been off the road for a year and on mechanics wages it was hard to gather up all the parts, haha. I had to spend a couple of weeks pulling parts of a celsior that I bought for the engine, but ended up getting the engine for nothing so was worth it in the end for an engine that I knew all the history of and even drove it and did a big skid at work, did a good skid in the celsior so it'll be interesting how it does one in the T18.

Also I'm a bit over the whole stretch and hellaflush look for now, more after performance and how the car drives, but still want the car to look good but a bit different to some of the ke70 and ae86 here, might have some 225/50 15 semislicks for steer tyres if I can afford it once it drives
    Last edited by jakel; 11th October 2012 at 02:20 PM.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

to add to jojo's rant

ive seen both side of the fence, from having no money to live on per week and some how managed to buy my very own AE86 with my $90 a week earned cash, finding best *rubbish* bang for buck upgrades and trying to make the car something it was never going to be.

then moving onto buying a JDM car which ended up still fucking me around which was my own fault before i had a decent AE86, which is now the JDM running gear in a ADM shell..which was an expensive but smartest thing ive done so far with AE86..i paid the price but it was worth it.

project ae86 are just that, forever projects, and thats why i'll never call any of my futures cars a project car, not going to fall into that trap again LOL

i love how new "guys" come along and buy a ae86 and wanting to know what it takes to make it a good car.. it was already good but you now just dug yourself a hole you dont know how to get out of.

keep it shit simple..simple
    dose

Name
    JoJo
    State
    ACT
    Country
    Australia

Maybe the Australian AE86 scene is broken/poor, because it has something to do with the "average" income for for AE86 fans/owners.....
    I am guessing that the fans start off as boys really wanting one, but move onto newer cars as they get older and their incomes get bigger as they get career jobs etc..... But then there are the others (majority), who have lower incomes, and spend their life with forever unfinished project like Richard has said. I am guessing this is a large part as to why most AE86 owners and their cars are like they are, as they are mostly owned by boys with dreams, but no money.....
    Then there is the blokes who do have well paid jobs, and keep/stay with good and RUNNING AE86's in their adult lives instead of moving on to newer cars.... But we are the minority......

Not hanging shit on poor people, but I reckon this is pretty "on the money" (excuse the pun)..

Veteran
    Name
    Jake
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

This is it exactly I think as well, I am looking into another job soon after I get my license back in 2 weeks, then finish off this car (well get it running and looking good) and then just drive it and start saving for a house and stop spending money on cars.

Page 49 of 121 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 99 ... LastLast