Thread: SR Powered Sprinter

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

Lightbulb

Yes mate he got sick of it apparently. So I thought I'd go apeshit on it! Lol was it the fuel tank leaking?

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

Goin out why from one of the boys, it had efi a pressurised tank and he had taken the carbon shit off so it was leaking under pressure, they made a modification when the body was swapped so all is good now

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Nice tidy up dude!!! As regards the hazards its pretty simple! Just grab yourself a toggle switch,a flasher relay and 2 diodes. Get a permenant 12v fused feed to the flasher unit (pin49) and from the flasher unit to the toggle switch (pin 49A). Then find your left and right indicator inputs,and connect them to the other side of your toggle switch with the diodes in the correct direction.The diodes will allow normal indicator operation to happen...easy..

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

awesome thanks man! one question though, do i have to runt he diodes as i have removing the indicator arm completely so all I'm having is hazards....

Name
    Paul
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Not if your running no indicators man..

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

Ok so last week started off something like this>>>>

After a challenge at a friends to see if 12 tyres could fit in a daewoo lanos... well its proven you CAN... haha

really I've spent most of the last 10 days working my butt off trying to get all the random crap done on this car... one of my main concerns was trying to get the hazards working for scrutineering and it resulted in me finding this...

the flasher relay was knackered not working burnt out.. so i went and got a new one and she is awesome!
    the brake lights weren't working either so that was a simple fix simply locate the brake light cable attach a live to one end of the brake switch and lights to the other boom done!

its just been hours of sorting random little jobs out really like this fuel line! WTF! thank god i found this! lol

here are a couple of shots of the tyres ready to be burnt the weekend :thumbs: not all of them clearly lol

Ive spent days trying to work out/ researching how to get my tacho to work and nothing seems to be working and frankly for the time being I've given up... but apart from that everything is else is ready for the weekend!

so apart from bolting the seat belt in everything seems to be good. feels like ages since i started this even though its only half the time i spent on my KE70 at the start of the year.

Plans are;
    Drift the car on saturday.
    make sure everything is working functioning correctly all day.
    eat tyres and shit loads of fuel...
    oh and we can't forget to have fun now can we

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

had a shite day at work, so i thought id go and purchase some cleaning products and make my day awesome by making the car look shit hot! after chatting with the neighbour for a bit and getting my buffer back as he used to flat back his hot rod (ill get a pic its fucking awesome) i proceeded to clean the car and then used cutting paste to get the shine back in the paint!! looks fucking awesome

before dull and crap..

After looking like glass

only a small update

Name
    Jake
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Loving it so far! What's wrong with the tacho? Should just need the signal wire spliced into the negative side of the coil? Then again, not sure if SR's even have a single coil.

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

well all the coils run into one cable towards the ecu, i have had the time to give it a go as of yet. but when i pull all the loom out to start again ill take a ganders and see what i can do with it

Name
    ben
    State
    vic
    Country
    australia

So i had my first drift day after a nightmare of a 24 hours before hand!! i took the car for a quick spin down the road to make sure everything was as it should be and the fuel pump decided to shit itself 200 metres from my house! so with minimal sleep i managed to drop the tank and removed the pump.

here is the culprit!!

i had work the next day but i managed to get in touch with one of the boys and he had a walbro laying around thanks Tristan! :thumbs:
    i got it all installed with 1 hour to spare before the car had to be loaded on the trailer ready for the following day! phew! i worked through the night doing bits and pieces like seat belts and last minute wiring to get her sweet as along with getting the tools ready for the day!

with 2 hours sleep i was feeling worse for wear to say the least and we got on our way hitting maccers first off

after a few sessions i was getting the hang of it, as you can imagine 200kw in the rain is far from funny, as soon as the boost kicked in.. that was it i was backwards, so i turned down the boost from 12psi to 8psi and it was still giving me grief! to make the day that more interesting i hadn't installed wipers (ran out of time) and driving in the rain was like trying to see through cut glass that you get in your toilet haha.

the car however ran like a dream, however several times scaring the shit out of me nearly hitting the concrete wall twice!
    as you can see here the pic of me over cooking it was the point i nearly hit it!

Towards the end of the day i started to dry up and i got a few good laps in only spinning a few times lol and she started to misfire for some reason I'm not sure of yet. i did have an issue with were the coil packs connect to the loom so it may be that i will investigate soon enough! but this was the end of the day and i was glad things kept going as they did with the pure abuse i was giving it!

so smiles all round for my first drift day in australia and now time to make her better and get ready for the next one!
    Last edited by hansen; 16th October 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast