Thread: Sally Joshie's ra60 coupe!

Name
    Josh
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

My thoughts exactly!
    although I am going to move them up slightly by about 3-4mm.......the brackets don't quite fit flush to the bumper because of the metal plate/bracket thingo that the number plate bolts to........I think I'll just measure it up and cut it into 3 pieces so that each piece butts up nicely against each light bracket.
    It'll be a subtle change,but just enough to minimize the gap so it tidys them up a little!

Still gotta wire them up yet too,lol.......the switch that came with the kit was the crapiest,ugliest piece of shit ive ever seen....so I'm gunna hook them up once I pick up a decent missile switch or something to use instead.
    also,just while we're on the subject.....the instructions say to wire them up so they can only turn on with the high beams,but I wanna be able to turn them on with my parkers or low beams.....
    Obviously there's legality issues for whatever reason....but I could turn the fog lights on in my old mark II with only the parkers running,and that was factory equipment!
    If it's legal in that instance then why can't I wire up aftermarket lights the same way???
    Think I'll get picked for it if I do,or do ya's think I'd probably get away with it?

-----------------Independent--------------------
    43ger
    Performance
    SINCE 2008

Name
    Josh
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

currently building a roof wing/spoiler for it.........I've worked with fibreglass before but this is the first time ive attempted to construct something from scratch!
    it's a bit wobbly atm and still needs some sanding and filling but i'll post some pics of the process when im closer to finishing!
    If I had a choice to do it again I'd probably buy one for an ae86 notch back and widen it,even if they do cost 300+!
    It's taken a few hours each day over a 5 days so far to get to the point I'm at which is close to finished but still a ways to go!
    here's some pics of the first test once it took shape........day 1

43ger
    Performance
    SINCE 2008

Name
    Josh
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Also a friendly police man informed me,while handing me a fine for failing to have full control of a vehicle(which is debatable,but I didn't loose any points and I was waring thongs so I just copped it on the chin) That tinted taillights are in fact illegal and need to be visably red.....which I was aware of to some degree but went ahead anyway....I like the look,so fuck it!
    But I scored another pair of lights for $38.....my plan is to tint the clear lense between the globes and outer lense to hopefully achieve the same look while retaining the red colour on the outside of the lights......Not sure how it'll turn out but i'll have spare lenses so it's worth a try.

43ger
    Performance
    SINCE 2008

Name
    Jacob
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

You should do a glass mould of my foha wing

Name
    Josh
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Baby steps mate,baby steps........I'm still working on this bloody roof wing!

it's starting to look half decent.......just using a filler to even it all up and smooth it out!

43ger
    Performance
    SINCE 2008

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10