Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Heard horror stories ffrom yahoo.jp.

carefully worded adds that you buy essentially 1/10th of what is shown
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Really?

I have never had a problem. I use Streeter tho, I guess he is good at seeing whats legit and whats not.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I religiously use yahoo.jp and Streeter...not once have I had an issue and I have spent more than most people would...

it's no different to eBay and the internet in general...if something seems too good to be true, it most likely is...

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cant believe people would take out a loan to build a car, im pretty fortunate and great full for what I have, im 22, bought a brand new Colorado , trailer, bought and built a 86 into a pretty well set up clean tracker,also pretty serious into moto x too so wwith new bike, mods, spares, wheels, gear theres another 20-25 g there, i try save more than i spend most the time thow, still go out splash out on nice clothes etc , i had to bust ass as a apprentice ,and still do crazy hours, once i finished it all payed off, when i was younger i saw on here someone said something like while a apprentice forget cars just go out drink , fuck anything that moves, play cars later on when you have cash to do so haha worked alright
    Last edited by s13 james; 6th August 2013 at 05:59 PM.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Credit cards is the biggest financial killer, most people when they first get them are good, but after a while they start to think i have $500 free and use it. A bit like cash in the bank burning a hole in their pocket.

balance transfers unless you are good with money are a definite no no as well unless you can be good with money. Guys at work have 40k or more on different credit cards.

Save up to build your car is your best bet.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Fuck thats a intense situation with your work mates credit cards

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Depends on the card and how good you are at controlling your finances tbh.
    I have a comm gold card- 10k lim. I run everything through it and make about $400/year in points & Never pay interest on it.
    Use them right and they can be really beneficial. Use em wrong and you can easily screw yaself over.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorculture mobile app

Name
    Mitch
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Streeter is very busy, he doesnt look at what he bids on for people. Not knocking him in any way but Matt is very right, lots of crafty people on Yahoo especially private sellers.

Name
    Nick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

In capital cities generally the cost of living is higher , eg inflated rent and house buying prices...but there is also more opportunities for higher paying jobs...further out of the city it generally gets cheaper to a point- cost of living and house prices, but your not going to find a high paying job easily.

What I'm getting at, is that unless your quite lucky and live in the stix and have a high paying job, you just generally need to be smart with your pennies early, buy something small really early (unit/small house/town house) with a partner would be easier, but doable without...then buy or build whatever car you want once that rental income is looking good or just draft the money out of your mortgage.

You also have to remember when thinking about other people's situations...don't compare yourself to them, they might have won lotto/been left inheritance/found money magically...everyone's situation is different...you just have to make the most of whatever you have
    I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.
    Muhammad Ali

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Biggest thing to remember. Your car isn't a depreciating asset, never was and more than likely will never be.
    It's almost certainly a LIABILITY!

Before you buy a car, I suggest some research first and foremost.

Start with the little book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" and go from there.
    I found it a little late,but am learning financial sense rapidly now.

Else, do things yourself, read and research. We are all more than capable usually (with exceptions), just need a little motivation and push every now and then.
    Big up's for the North East Massiv'
    NSATB - New Skids Around The Block

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast