Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: my e~70 in Bangkok

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

This car is sooo clean! Love it dude, awesome work!

Name
    Jake
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

so tidy! the blue rad piping I'm a bit iffy on, but everything else is pretty mint. treat her well!

Name
    Jed
    State
    Sathorn
    Country
    Thailand

When I bought the car it had no other gauges apart from the standard ones & the Defi tachometer. So I wanted the basics oil temp/water temp/oil pressure & had been tossing up between some Stack gauges or try & get a set of Omori gauges. I really wanted the Omori gauges but knew they would be 2nd hand,missing parts etc as apposed to the Stacks that are brand new. Then the Omori's just came up when I was about to order the Stacks. Ended up getting the oil pressure from another ae86dc forum member,oil temp from a shop in Bangkok & water temp from Yahoo Japan all in the space of a week so I was stoked.
    My car didn't have the center console or anything just the handbrake surround & that's were I wanted to mount the gauges so after I got one of those & a 3 gauge din panel I pretty much had everything I needed.

Center console with the din panel mounted. Little bit of cutting & filing of the plastic on the console to make it fit nice. Was happy with the result looking very tidy & almost factory. Doing all this in my kitchen by the way.

[IMG][/IMG]

I had been reading on a few different forums about changing the standard old Omori globes out for some LED globes & after testing & checking my gauges 2 out of the 3 had blown globes so took them apart, cleaned them,fitted LED globes & gave the outer ring a quick spray with black paint they were looking good & lighting up clear & bright.

[IMG
    Oil Temp was the only mechanical gauge out of the 3.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Electrical oil pressure gauge

[IMG][/IMG]
    All 3 cleaned & LED globes fitted, just waiting for the outer rings to dry.

[IMG][/IMG]
    All back together & mounted in the center console. I was super happy how it looked & couldn't wait to get mounted in my car. But as usual I ran out of time at home & would have to finish the job next break.

**If anyone else has been thinking about replacing the standard globes in their Omori gauges to LEDs here are a couple of links that I used.

It's not hard at all just got to take care when handling them, especially the mechanical ones. Getting the outer rim off is the hardest part & just take it easy, it is only alloy so it will pry off easy once you get going, I ended up using a knife & just kept going around until it popped off but take care when taking it off because they have a glass lens.

Didn't think I had one but here is a photo with the LEDs in the dark.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Also sorry about the picture quality, all the photo's are from my phone.
    Cheers

Name
    Jed
    State
    Sathorn
    Country
    Thailand

I am trying to get up to date with these updates! I have done a few other things recently but keeping the thread in the order I have done things !

Anyway, So everything was ready for the Omori Meters to go in & all the other bits & pieces there.

**Before. This is how my interior was looking before hand with the Tom's Strada wheel, No gauges & you can also see the little tweeter speakers on the dash.

1st I had to cut the carpet & find the holes for the mounting bracket.

[IMG][/IMG]

The previous dude's wiring job was really well done & I could easily find what I needed ! ( *' - ' ) I'm not that skilled at wiring in cars but was lucky to find where my tachometer had been wired in so that made it a shit load easier !
    [IMG][/IMG]

After getting all the wiring sorted out & everything working on the electrical side of things & a test fit.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Was really happy how it was all looking & now to just run the wiring/ sensors to the engine bay. I was lucky & didn't have to drill any new holes in the firewall. Got an water temperature sensor adaptor for the water & got a oil T piece for oil pressure & to keep the original oil light working but that wasn't going to work, there was no way I was getting into that spot with out pulling heaps of stuff off & even then I didn't know if it was all going to fit so got an oil plate adaptor for the oil temperature and pressure sensors.

[IMG][/IMG]

The Tom's Strada wheel is rad but it wasn't the one I really wanted & didn't like the feel of it that much. Then the one I wanted came up so had to get it! It was in OK condition but for what I payed for it, I could not complain. The logo was rubbing of & the leather had a fairly decent size wear mark on the right top.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Took quite a while to find & that was looking all over the internet & wasn't paying some of the prices people wanted for a Tom's horn button & some dudes would take 3 weeks to reply to an email saying it will take him another 4 weeks to get a price to post it to Bangkok from Malaysia & couldn't do paypal blah blah so I was well over that dude & now understand the stories of people getting parts from there & them taking for ever to come if at all. But anyway I spotted one in the background of a photo of a dude selling a steering wheel & he was happy to sell it for a reasonable price So I was happy with that.

**After. How my interior is looking now. Tom's Steering wheel & horn button put on & gauges all mounted & working good. Very very happy with how it looks now. Also few other things I did, hid the tweeters in the dash & covered up the place that would have been a dimmer for the dash lights. Wiring is still a mess under the dash & missing the drivers side A pillar cover. I also got a razor blade & shaved the worn leather area of the steering wheel & it is smooth now but do want to get it recovered again. But love the feel of this wheel.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Name
    Taz
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

so good

Name
    Daniel
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

agreed. amazing work!

Name
    Jed
    State
    Sathorn
    Country
    Thailand

Wasn't going to post this part, but it is part of the story.

While I was at work the day before I was flying out my girl called me super early & told me someone had crashed into my car while it was parked up in the apartment building carpark! Some drunk chick coming home crashed into it... a parked car & turned out a few months earlier she crashed into 3 motorbikes parked up from coming home pissed. All the security guards love my Corolla & look after me pretty well with saving me spots under cover & when ever I am working on it share a beer with them, while they are working! So they sorted it out real quick with my girl.

So this is what I came home to.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

So I was straight onto my friend with a shop & he was quick to help & said they could repair everything as long as I can find the parts. I ended up finding a pair of near brand new genuine tail lights & had a chrome bumper lined up if I needed it but was going to wait because my friends shop said they would have a crack at fixing it.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    might as well get the diff oil changed while I was there.
    They had my car for a total of 10 days & then she was ready. Would have been shorter but the weather was bad so they had to hold off painting it.

This is how I got it back. Very good job, couldn't even tell & the chrome bumper was fixed as well.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Tail lights fitted.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    It was shit not having her to drive around in, but at the end of the day didn't cost me anything just my time & ended up getting some new tail lights out of it,my old ones where pretty cloudy. Can't even tell ! The bumper has a few little ripples on the underside but you cant even see them.

Sorry for the shit photo's once again, all off my phone. This happened a while ago & now I can start to post some of the recent stuff I have done !!

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Looks soo mint. Photos arnt that bad.
    MOPAR or no car!

Name
    Jed
    State
    Sathorn
    Country
    Thailand

Thanks ! Some times the iphone photo's look good & sometimes real shitty. But yeah most of those ones are not bad !

E-Famous (Remeber your roots)
    Name
    marvis
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Cool car! Been living over there long?

Little devil sticker! Yes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast