Thread: KE70 Corolla Estimated value? BARN FIND*

Name
    Sven
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Default KE70 Corolla Estimated value? BARN FIND*

Hello Im new to this forum. I wanted to get the opinion of experienced Rolla owners. This is my KE70 corolla thats been sitting around for a long time and needs a home.

Its a genuine one family owned original Corolla. Its got 154000 and interior is in excellent condition. It was over serviced, babied and much loved.

The paint is aged however. There is some fade on the bonnet and cracking on the paint where the sun has hit it. Overall the paint is ok. But tops of doors and quarter panels are cracked. Im sure you know what I mean.

Ive taken photos of under the car. Most bushes seem to be ok and there was a new exhaust put in. There is a lot of surface rust on diff, suspension components etc.

The body is amazingly rust free. I cant see any rust at all, ANYWHERE!

This car is completely stock.(Bar exhaust system).

I thought Id show you Toyota people first. Please advise what you think it might be worth. Or if anyone is interested in the car let me know. I wanted to offer it here first before it goes on Ebay.

All photos are exactly how its been for the past 10 years. Not washed yet or started. No fluids have been changed yet.

The Car is currently in Camberwell. Vic

Thanks.

Ill upload photos...

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

$700-$1k.
    Lift up the boot lid rubber on the body as thats a common place for rust.
    Its auto and the paint is average, no offence intended, thats just my opinion

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

yeah that is what i was thinking - close to $1000
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

If that was garaged and very good outside, with those miles, you might get 1500-2000 in todays market, but realistically with auto and that much weathering 1000 would be a good number if the rust isnt too bad. Thats putting it at the high end because of the service history being documented and the mileage.

Name
    Sven
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Yes thats what I was thinking.I think you guys are spot on.

Name
    Sven
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Yes your right theres a small spot under that boot lid, a little more on the outter edges of the bonnet. Close to the windscreen.

Name
    Sven
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

OK now I cleaned it. Have a closer look . Still the same estimates? I cant find service history.

Name
    Johl
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Maybe give it a good cut and polish, ask $2000 for it and take the nearest offer.
    stroked 2L ca18-ae86 in the build...eta xmas 2012?

Name
    Sven
    State
    Victoria
    Country
    Australia

Yea I think Ill do something like that. It will probably go on ebay. Do you think anyone might want it on here?

Name
    Geoff
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Here is the thing, only a really clean and original with low mileage and full documentation example will appeal to a collector.
    99% of ksevs here will go on to be modified because they are a good and cheap chassis to build off, being cheap is the main selling point.
    People can expect to fix up damage and rust if the car was cheap to begin with. If your asking top dollar its because nothing else is needed and a buyer would take his savings into account with spending a few extra dollars to have a better base to build off.
    Factor in its a ke70, so depending on state regs will need to be engineered for a 4age, easier with a ae71.
    Then add the cost of converting to manual, the body isnt in great shape, passenger guard bent, roof looks a bit dinged aswell, so paint and panel work if the buyer isnt after a beater.
    You can find ksev 4ages for sometimes as little as $2- $2.5k.
    Someone may be interested in re shelling into this one but I doubt most people would pay more then $700 for a shell that needs work.
    A mint one owner brown auto ksev a friend was selling down here went for $500-700ish after being up for sale for ages. That shell needed zero work.
    But yes if I was you I would advertise it higher and let people haggle. Probably list in gumtree though, less fee's . Glws

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast