Probably not quite the machine every one here is after, but someone might need a daily

1990 Toyota Corolla SX Seca 4AGE

$1,500 ono

I bought this Seca with the intent of stripping it for parts, but on closer inspection and after a clean up, I have decided it is too good to wreck. They are getting harder to find in good condition!

Body is relatively straight, with a bit of a scrape over the right hand rear wheel arch. Paint has had a quick polish, would come up even better with a proper detail.

Interior is really clean. Back seat seems hardly used. Driver's seat has a worn patch - a good trimmer would be able to fix this, or alternatively you can put the seat covers back on that come with the car. Steering wheel's leather trim has seen better days.

Engine is strong. Starts first go. Idles well. Doesn't get hot in the short drives around the block I have done, nor sitting in the driveway running. Doesn't seem to blow smoke.

Clutch feels like it is reaching the end of its life but I have had no problems taking it for a run around the block, and the previous owner apparently drove it from Melbourne's western suburbs to past Pakenham on a permit with no dramas. Gear selection is smooth.

Tyres have plenty of life left on the rears, and the fronts are sufficient to pass a RWC and get you a few months of every day driving.

Air-conditioning is nice and cold. Power steering works a treat.

A good aftermarket stereo has been fitted, but the wiring to the head unit and the amp needs some attention. The previous owner pulled the roof aerial out and cut off the cable, so you will need to visit the wreckers to replace that.

This could be a great little fun car for a young person to learn to drive in. Has most of the mod cons (doesn't have electric windows but has everything else) in a nimble package with four wheel disc brakes, and parts are still easy and cheap to get from the wreckers or your local parts place.

Could also make a good club racer, hillclimb car or rally car. Is now eligible for club registration in Victoria too. Would be good fun in the Toyota Car Club's Corolla Cup, which is probably where it will end up if no one buys it!

Comes as is where is with no roadworthy or registration. I can't tell you what it might need for a RWC but its pretty clean so at a guess a headlight globe, perhaps some shocks as they are pretty soft, and the rear wiper arm needs putting back on too.

Best you come for a look so you can see it in all its glory. I live in Eltham North (Melbourne) and the car can be viewed most evenings after 6, or on weekends. It will need towing or for you to organise an unregistered permit if you want to drive it away.

Don't be afraid to make me an offer, but make it a decent one, it won't be sold for $500!

email - or call 0413 001 666

Photos