Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 500hp 70 drift build

Name
    Lindsay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

take the rca off the knuckle, sit in on square and tap it down evenly with a soft faced mallet while supporting the lca/balljoint with a jack. they are tight for a reason.

Name
    Jayden
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

Will try tommorow but I doubt it as the knuckle is out by atleast 1-2mm

Name
    Eddie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Sounds like you either have ke70 struts or ke70 knuckles. They are about 1-2mm narrower than the ae86 gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4agte finally finished. 252rwkw with more to come

Name
    Jayden
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

They were sold to me as "ae86 cut and shut shortened knuckles" they are a horrible backyard job imo

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Talk to Brenton Lapworth then and get some better steering gear. I got mine from him, he does really good prices and his work isn't dodgey...

Last thing you would want is to have a steering arm snap on the street after spending so much time and effort building a 500hp streeter.

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Jayden
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

havent updated in a while but a heap has happend in the last few months,
    me and my old man moved in to our workshop so we now have a dedicated place to work on our cars and chill out. hoist, compressor, tools and cabinets have been added so far. bar theartre room kitchen to come.

i got straight to work and started by removing the old 4k and tore my front end down and powdercoated everything black.

lots of parts have arrived including hubs, xt130 arms, lock spacer, bushings, coilovers and more,
    most of my front end is together all freshly powdercoated. i want everything fitting up before i decide to paint anything else.

boxed up my xt130 arms, unsure if i should remove the steering stops (engineering and rego) but i would like to find out before i powdercoat them.

my ke conversions engine mounts and pedal box arrive and i dropped my motor in for a test fit, looks good although it hits my greedy copy plenum on the brake booster, so am curious to see if anyone else has had that problem and how they got around it? im going to scallop it out and weld it back over if there isnt a easier fix.

everything is going smooth so far but i feel i might run in to problems with clearance for my rb25 box clearing the tunnel, will find out tommorow night when i test fit the box.

restoring my brake calipers in the coming weeks and hopefully some changes for clearances.
    heres some pictures so far. update again soon cheers[IMG][/IMG][[IMG][/IMG]IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

definitely remove the lock stops - they didnt have them factory

also dont forget your locking nuts on the tie rod tubes (they are missing in the pics)
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Name
    Jayden
    State
    Wa
    Country
    Australia

Going to cut them off tommorow and finish them nicely so I can drop them at the powdercoaters and then have my bushes pressed back in the following week, as for the tierods, almost certain they didn't come with locking nuts.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

definitely would have been in the box, but can send you some more if you dont have them, send me your address to

Cheers
    - 10 year anniversary Tshirts http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...irts-group-buy -

Garage sale http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...3-autumn-sales Specials on front end kits - pm me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3