Thread: KE70 SE Wagon.

Name
    Aaron
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default KE70 SE Wagon.

Hey guys. Just joined up on this forum, thought I'd share my KE70 Wagon with you all.

Rundown:

Bought it for $500 not running and plenty of rust (quarter windows, tailgate, bottom of arches, fuel cap, doors and anywhere else you can think of). Spent $50 to get it running (dizzy aha). Drove it for a bit, stripped the back down, cut out/grinded out any rust and fibreglass filler was used (yes, I know if I went to all that effort I should have welded and plated although that wasn't within my budget). Primer and sanded back, resprayed the rear half 2K - I do want to strip the entire car again and get a full respray and plates done in the future.

Pretty simple but tasteful mods/replacement parts as far:

Nardi Classic 360mm
    Personal long boss kit.
    New carpet, front back and boot.
    Twin Cam gearknob.
    Replaced any factory interior that was broken.
    Took out some shit headunit and replaced the cluster and radio surround and put the original AM/FM radio in. Works well haha.
    Replaced any faded exterior lenses.
    Full LED indicator setup, parkers, number plate lights and interior dome light.
    Heavy duty reset leafs in the rear.
    Choppies in the front for now until I put the JDM 86 front suspension in.
    SSR Star Sharks 13x6.5 (+some horrid offset on the front) & 13x7 -0 (got the wheels from Japan, they were black, polished and put new hardware through them to the best of my ability, need to be redone professionally).
    Chucked in a K50 to replace the 4 speed.
    Thailand/Malaysian spec quad front I think (SE badge on the way).
    KE70 PV front and rear chrome bars.
    Chrome weather shields.
    Chrome window trim put on to replace the shitty black trims.
    Twin 2" shotgun pipes attached before the diff (all flanges so the stock exhaust can still be put back on).

Still running a 4K, original engine (matched to the original books and service history). About to click over to 170,000. Runs well, blows a bit of smoke. Will be getting a 4AGE 16 BP from a AE82, first gen Blue Top. Will be using all good quality parts, no cutting or shutting (RWD TVIS intake, already have a exhaust manifold, SamQ water kit and more).

Here's some pics, didn't upload too many. I could have uploaded a tonne more showing all the other little things I've done but you can see from comparing when I first got it to how it is now, just the little things like indicator lenses, replaced a rusted door, other little bits and pieces. It all adds up. Carpet in the rear has been tidied up more as well as other little things. It is quite clean, the only rust that's left is under the bonnet (near the battery, quite a regular in E7s and just the doors along the bottom seals, all easily fixable eventually).

Nothing too special at the moment until the 4AGE is in and the good front end is in and whatnot. It is pretty much on the ground, it does turn a lot of heads and I do definitely love it.

If anyone is interested in more pics or the progress properly, head over to my Instagram: aaronpauls

There's a million pics of it on my Instagram, I post about it far too much but oh well.

Cheers guys!

Last edited by whiteke; 2nd December 2015 at 08:25 PM.

Name
    Nat
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looks cool man - nice work! Love the wagons, if I didn't have a work ute I'd definitely rock on as a daily

Name
    Ollie
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Nice, good job man! Wagons are the best.

Name
    Jake
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

saw this thing at a car cruise not that long ago looks mint in person to! love it

would look amazing with chrome bumpers to!
    good work man